Overview of the Position
Our client in the hospitality/Catering industry is looking to hire a Pastry Chef. They will be responsible for supporting the Head of Pastry in a busy restaurant kitchen in delivering consistently high-quality pastries. They will be tasked to ensure there are high standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Responsible for the creation of dessert menus to maximise profits and minimise loss.
- Monitors customer satisfaction.
- Create and prepare desserts in accordance with the existent menus;
- Develop new ideas for the menus
- Decorate cakes and baked goods according to requirements;
- Plate desserts for serving;
- Create cheese plateaus to complement a meal;
- Creates baked goods for specific diets (gluten free, sugar free, diabetes-friendly, etc.);
- Inspect the quality of the ingredients and measure them for specific recipes;
- Ensure that the kitchen equipment is in good conditions and meets all requirements;
- Organises and conducts tasting sessions for the waiting staff and for potential clients when the situation requires it;
- Cleans the equipment and utensils and maintains the kitchen is clean and in good order for proper functioning.
- Creation of recipes and the preparation of advanced items
- Efficiency and production of consistent, quality pastries.
- Maintaining or raising the profit margins on pastry items
- Estimate food consumption and requisition for production items
- Standardise production recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards
- Assess quality control and adhere to All Jobshotels service standards.
- A minimum of a Diploma in Food Production
- Diploma/certificate in pastry production preferred.
- A grasp of profit margins
- Possess current food handler’s certificate.
- 2+years’ experience in pastry production and hospitality arena or 2+ year working experience commercial food preparation background.
- Well-versed in preparing food items consistently while adhering to recipe standards
- Track record of working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and takes own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
|How to Apply|
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications on firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed CV and a cover letter. This is an urgent position and will remain open until it is filled.