Overview of the Position
Our client, in the Hospitality Industry running a restaurant and aiming at opening several branches, is seeking to recruit a talented and experienced Restaurant Manager who will provide overall leadership, guidance, and direction to the restaurant and strive to provide the high quality in standards and service provision. Coordinating operations to ensure customers are happy. He / She will steer operations and profitability of the restaurant ensuring set targets and KPI’s are achieved.
- Ensuring that the premises is in an operative condition to receive & serve the guests.
- Ensuring the general revenue growth of the restaurant through new business e.g. in the events sections
- Conducting regular operations team meeting with the entire department daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets and action taken for service recovery, and also any staff issues.
- Ensuring SOP implementation in all departments and checking the same during routine operational checks.
- Liaising with the HR Office to ensure proper staffing of all the departments
- Responding to and handling all disciplinary matters relating to the staff in liaison with the HR Office
- Monitor the purchase/indent/requisitions of each department, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors/suppliers etc.).
- Randomly inspecting the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc.) with the Finance Manager & Head Chef.
- Dealing with Suppliers / Vendors for quality products involving Finance Manager and providing performance assessments of vendors every quarter.
- Inspecting all departments with their respective team leaders for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process. Meeting all departmental heads to review & train the staff to upkeep the human capital.
- Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with the development
- Providing timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
- Conduct weekly/daily meetings with marketing people for enquiry & follow up & conversion to grow up the business.
- Monitoring and maintaining operation & overhead costs in order to maintain maximum revenue for the organization.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, annual and other periodic reports for management e.g., Restaurant Sales, Cost, Stock / Inventory, Menu Performance, Online Orders, Events, and Expenses among others
Contribute towards the achievement of organization KPIs with an objective of hitting and surpassing the target
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or related field with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must be computer literate with excellent reporting skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Food and Beverage service.
- Highly conversant with HACCP regulations as well as safety policies
- Knowledge in planning, budgeting, forecasting and management of costs
- Be conversant with advanced principles of food and beverage management, revenue management and cost control
- People Management skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Familiarity with hospitality software systems.
- Acute financial management skills
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their detail CV’s and a Cover Letter only quoting the job title on the email subject (Restaurant Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 11th June, 2023.