Overview of the Position
Our client in the Events industry based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a competent candidate as a Marketing & Operations Manager. His/her responsibilities will be to maximize revenue, accelerate the growth of the organization by closing deals with market-leading event concepts and to strengthen client relationships. Develop a solid understanding of customer needs and build demand generation programs that best position our products & solutions to our clients.
Content creation, social media management. Create and maintain a digital & social media presence that is in line with the organizations brand and maintain the brand reputation.
- Client service. Maintaining constant engagement/communication with customers before, during events, after events and managing guests’ expectations.
- Human resource management & team communication. Ensure each event has enough staffing and well-groomed to maintain the company image.
- Asset care and management. Ensure all company assets are in good working conditions, are accounted for after each event and proper records are kept.
- Petty cash & payments management
- Planning and organizing all events route plans, staffing, set up and set down.
- Debriefing with the team and sharing timely reports after each event with the management.
- Events tendering, proposal design, quotations & invoicing.
- Events management. Developing and implementing events plans and concepts
- Budgets creation & management. Budgeting for all events and ensuring all events are planned within the budgets set.
- Risk planning
- Media management at events
- Supplier sourcing, management and contracts. Ensuring quality is adhered to by suppliers and keeps updated records of all suppliers.
- Protocol management
- Event communication and media management for all events including management of event programs while ensuring the programs are adhered to.
- Event partnerships. Generating leads in the events industry targeting high potential clients and converting them into business for the organization.
- BA/BS degree in Project Management/Communication, Events Management, Sales or relevant field.
- Proven 3 years of industry work experience as a Marketing Manager or relevant role
- Proven experience in social media management
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive.
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Experience in sales/business development
- Experience in an events agency will be an added advantage
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and takes own initiative.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications on https://airtable.com/shrRVqLLbvyT47rGp with a detailed CV and a cover letter. This is an urgent position and will remain open until it is filled.