Overview of the Position
Our client in the Events industry based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a competent candidate as a Business Development Manager. His/her responsibilities will be to maximize revenue, accelerate the growth of the organization by closing deals with market-leading event concepts and to strengthen client relationships. Develop a solid understanding of customer needs and build demand generation programs that best position our products & solutions to our clients.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Source and develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas.
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Client relationship management. Maintaining constant follow up/communication with customers, before events, during events, after events and managing guests’ expectations.
- Event partnerships. Generating leads in the events industry targeting high potential clients and converting them into business for the organization.
- Produce event tendering documents, design proposals, prepare pitches, quotations and invoices.
- Develop and implement new event plans and concepts for income generation.
- Events management. Develop and implement events plans/concepts. Manage event technology & production sales.
- Marketing of all company events and manage all events branding, venues & supplies sales.
- And when required, training and management of sales representatives.
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Events Management, Sales or relevant field.
- Proven 3 years of industry work experience as a Business Development Manager or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive.
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and takes own initiative.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications on https://airtable.com/shrpoWVQN9QT9OqST with a detailed CV and a cover letter, not later than 10th September 2022.