Overview of the Position
Our client based at Mountain View – Wetlands who is in the fabrication industry, is seeking to recruit a competent candidate as an Accountant. The overall responsibility of the position of the role is to support the Finance Director with the end-to-end accounting process across the Business operations; including month, quarter, and year-end close, and ensure consistent, accurate, and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and company financial policies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirements,
- Maintain internal controls, safeguard and coordinate all audit activities, Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company including budgeting, tax planning, and conservation of the company’s assets,
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs,
- Ensuring total compliance with the regulatory requirements, particularly on matters regarding establishing efficient fiscal structures and filing of tax returns including VAT, PAYE, NITA, NHIF, and NSSF returns as well as ensuring these are done on schedule and that records are kept well to avoid any non-conformity and non-compliance.
- Maintain accounts receivable records to ensure is up to date, credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared;
- Organizing daily, weekly, fortnightly, and monthly meetings with the directors and updating them on the company’s financial position with accuracy.
- Preparing and presenting monthly reports for further analysis. This will entail but not limited to bank reconciliations, monthly financial reports, quarterly, daily reports and internal and external audit reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business related course
- A qualified accountant (CPA (K))
- At least 5 years of working experience as an accountant in a busy organization.
- Knowledge of both accounts receivables and payables will be an added advantage
- Be a person who is honest, trustworthy with high integrity.
- Experience in maintaining books using ERP systems.
How to Apply
- Have analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A strong personality with excellent written and verbal communications skills
Qualified and interested candidates should send their detail CV’s and a cover letter to https://airtable.com/shrjxRTlDLXxlKgRi
not later than 25th November 2022